The AOCDS Scholarship Program will award scholarships to ten Class of 2016 high school seniors. Each scholarship is a $2,000.00 one-time award. One applicant will be awarded the Dr. David Ascher M.D. Memorial Scholarship (11 scholarships total).
To be eligible, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
• A Class of 2016 High School graduating senior with a 3.0 GPA or better.
• The parent or guardian must be an active or retired dues paying member of the Association of Orange County Deputy Sheriffs.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college by September 2016 with a minimum of 12 units.
Applicants must submit a completed APPLICATION including the below listed documentation postmarked by Monday, June 13, 2016 to be considered:
• Most recent official sealed high school transcript
• A 300 word essay on your educational and career goals.
• Detailed list of community service performed and extracurricular activities.
AOCDS Scholarship Committee
1600 N. Main
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Finalists will be selected by a neutral and outside evaluator. The winners will be announced in July 2016.
Email questions to: Scholarships
The AOCDS Board of Directors
Tom Dominguez Juan Viramontes Ray Wert
Roger Hilton Jeff Weaver Ed Yee
Recent AOCDS News Articles
- Tax Form 540 Allows Donations to CPOMF (March 02, 2017)
- MEMBER ADVISEMENT: FUNERAL SERVICES PLANNED FOR OFFICER KEITH BOYER (February 28, 2017)
- MEMBER ADVISEMENT: AOCDS PIPE BAND RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS (February 24, 2017)
- MEMBER ADVISEMENT: Dep. Chris Emerson (February 17, 2017)
- MEMBER ADVISEMENT: Sergeant Jorge Chavez (February 15, 2017)