It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you of the passing of District Attorney Investigator Phil Archer, who lost his valiant battle with cancer early Saturday morning. Phil was a tremendous asset to law enforcement, having served as a member of the Santa Ana Police Department for 30 years before joining the Orange County District Attorney's office as a civilian investigator. He was promoted to a District Attorney's Investigator a year ago.
A determined investigator, Phil refused to let his illness get in the way of his work, working cases up until last week.
Phil is survived by his wife Elaine, son Thobe, who is a detective with the Huntington Beach Police Department and daughter Vanessa.
Funeral information is pending and will be sent out as soon as it is available.
Please keep Phil's family, his partners and all of his loved ones in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Recent AOCDS News Articles
- Tax Form 540 Allows Donations to CPOMF (March 02, 2017)
- MEMBER ADVISEMENT: FUNERAL SERVICES PLANNED FOR OFFICER KEITH BOYER (February 28, 2017)
- MEMBER ADVISEMENT: AOCDS PIPE BAND RECRUITING NEW MEMBERS (February 24, 2017)
- MEMBER ADVISEMENT: Dep. Chris Emerson (February 17, 2017)
- MEMBER ADVISEMENT: Sergeant Jorge Chavez (February 15, 2017)