It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you of the passing of District Attorney Investigator Phil Archer, who lost his valiant battle with cancer early Saturday morning. Phil was a tremendous asset to law enforcement, having served as a member of the Santa Ana Police Department for 30 years before joining the Orange County District Attorney's office as a civilian investigator. He was promoted to a District Attorney's Investigator a year ago.
A determined investigator, Phil refused to let his illness get in the way of his work, working cases up until last week.
Phil is survived by his wife Elaine, son Thobe, who is a detective with the Huntington Beach Police Department and daughter Vanessa.
Funeral information is pending and will be sent out as soon as it is available.
Please keep Phil's family, his partners and all of his loved ones in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Recent AOCDS News Articles
- AOCDS Holds Give Back Night at Two Chili’s Locations to Benefit Memorial Fund (August 02, 2017)
- Investigator Edward Nichols (Ret.) (May 17, 2017)
- AOCDS in the News - OC Board of Supervisors Approves “Beds for Feds” Contract (May 10, 2017)
- AOCDS in the News - Voice of OC Breaks Down OCSD Leadership Assessment Survey Results (May 10, 2017)
- AOCDS in the News - President Tom Dominguez Supports “Beds for Feds” Proposal (May 10, 2017)