It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you of the passing of District Attorney Investigator Phil Archer, who lost his valiant battle with cancer early Saturday morning. Phil was a tremendous asset to law enforcement, having served as a member of the Santa Ana Police Department for 30 years before joining the Orange County District Attorney's office as a civilian investigator. He was promoted to a District Attorney's Investigator a year ago.
A determined investigator, Phil refused to let his illness get in the way of his work, working cases up until last week.
Phil is survived by his wife Elaine, son Thobe, who is a detective with the Huntington Beach Police Department and daughter Vanessa.
Funeral information is pending and will be sent out as soon as it is available.
Please keep Phil's family, his partners and all of his loved ones in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Recent AOCDS News Articles
- AOCDS in the News - Major Staffing Changes Announced at the OCDA Bureau of Investigation (April 27, 2017)
- AOCDS in the News - Grand Jury Report Details Findings in 2016 Jail Escape (April 27, 2017)
- AOCDS in the News - Third Annual Leadership Assessment Results Issue Released (April 18, 2017)
- Time is running out to apply for rewarding and free teen summer leadership program (April 10, 2017)
- AOCDS Night at Angel Stadium (March 30, 2017)